Sverdlovsk food prices rise 9 percent since January
Michael Kopytova, the minister of food and agribusiness, said beef, mutton and kuru prices have not changed for three weeks. In contrast, white cabbage prices rose by 51 percent and carrots increased by 30 percent. Weekly trade in apples, sugar and tomatoes declined.
"In the ranking of the subjects of the Russian Federation on the maximum price increase in February 2015, Sverdlovsk Region occupies 41 seats out of 87,” Michael Kopytova said. “The first place belongs to the regions with the highest increase in prices. That is, we are in the middle.”
Experts have stated that this rate of increase for food is equal to Russia’s average increase of 109.1 percent.
"It's not a normal situation, when on products that we import our prices are among the lowest in the country, and forthe vegetables that we grow - an increase of 50 percent,” Russian Prime Minister Denis Pasler said.
Organizations in this story
Oblastnaya Gazeta 101 Malisheva St. Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants