Skolkovo's Startpack Launcher gives faster access to cloud apps
This development was made in response to the growing demands for a pop-up window similar to the Windows “Start” button. This window displays a user’s most-frequented cloud-based apps as shortcut icons, making those apps easier to access.
There are pre-existing window displays similar to Startpack’s, but they are created by Google and Yandex specifically for their company’s individual apps. In contrast, the Startpack Launcher does not limit users and shows all of the apps together.
“Today it’s fashionable to unite cloud services into so-called cloud markets,” Startpack director Alexei Fedorov said. “But they all encounter the problem of limited choice and the absence of the services they actually use to hand.”
Ivan Kireev, Skolkovo’s development director, said Startpack has unique potential.
“The guys from Kazan have developed a technological cloud platform that significantly simplifies work with internet cloud services," Kireev said. "This solution has every chance of occupying a solid position in their market segment.”
Fedorov said no cloud market can increase its assortment of apps as quickly as a user requires.
“The users find it convenient to access these services directly from their desktop and toggle between them quickly," he said. "Studying these issues led us to create Startpack Launcher, which even at the prototype stage has turned out to be unexpectedly popular among users.”
Organizations in this story
Skolkovo Foundation 4 Lugovaya St. Moscow,
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants