Sverdlovsk region leads in complex GTO program
Sverdlovsk Region Gov. Eugene Kuyvashev said in accordance with the federal GTO concept, the number of people who pass the course from 2014-20 should be approximately 20 percent. In the Sverdlovsk region, this figure is now up to 27 percent.
Participants were first required to pass initial rounds at urban and regional competitions. Over 300 people were separated into five groups divided by ages: 6-12, 13-17, 18-29, 30-49 and 50 and up.
The participants did push-ups, pull-ups, swam, shot, threw projectiles and ran courses on women’s skis. They also demonstrated their camping skills with tents, cards, knots, basic geology, medical knowledge, and building campfires.
"The introduction of complex GTO in the region - it is a great organizational work,” Kuyvashev said. “Our experts have raised all the old achievements, adapted to modern conditions, and now we realize in schools, specialized secondary schools and universities we have, since 2007, the best platform to revive the complex TRP, and during that time the region was able to achieve tangible results."
Organizations in this story
Government of Sverdlovsk , Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants