Skolkovo partners with VisionLabs in computer vision competition
The goal of the competition is to encourage greater understanding of the computer industry, especially its capturing and processing of images automatically.
The prize for the first three finishers in the competition will win internships at VisionLabs. The contestant who achieves the number one spot will be in Paris for the INRIA week-long computer vision lab.
Contestants must be good at math and have a deep understanding of various computer programming platforms.
VisionLabs joined Skolkovo in May 2012. Since that time, it has produced two products that are ready for the market. One is face-recognition technology and the other is license plate identification. The company is also developing banking, retail and biometrics innovations; automated recognition in those industries could radically reduce costs.
“Our goal is to popularize the mega-promising areas of research such as computer vision and machine learning, as well as offering students and young scientists from the top technical universities the chance to test themselves,” Alexander Khanin, VisionLabs general director, said.
Organizations in this story
Skolkovo Foundation 4 Lugovaya St. Moscow,
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants