Ten URFU projects featured in All-Russian Startup Tour
The high school teams will present their inventions to potential investors. The URFU projects include a system that predicts the processing of associated gases at an energy plant, a mobile device that detects explosives, a robot that tests high-voltage power lines, a technology system that manufactures wear-resistant composite materials, a multi-channel scalar quantum NMR magnetometer to test gas pipelines, and a contactless detector that monitors flaws in oil.
Other inventions deal with the medical industry, such as a device that spatially orients people who suffer from limited vision or a device that diagnoses and treats orthopedic patients.
The majority of the projects are dedicated to enhancing human labor processes. The robotic system that tests power lines, for instance, is designed to save the lives of workers who must risk their lives to test transmission lines.
Innovators from throughout Russia will attend the event.
Founded in 1920, Ural Federal University, located in Yekaterinburg, is the oldest university in the Ural region. It has 5,640 academic staff members and 57,000 students.
Organizations in this story
URFU 19 Mira St. Yekaterinburg,
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants