Omsktransmash saves over $280,000
The company began the transition to lean production methods and strategies in January 2014 using the 5S system. This lean manufacturing strategy uses a basic, applicable method to organize the working process and the individual employees’ working spaces.
There are five steps in the program: sort, set in order, shine, standardize and sustain. More than 50 percent of the company's workplaces in the 12 pilot divisions are using the system. The first three steps have been implemented and mastered in many of the departments at the plant.
The money that is being saved by the lean production methods will be used to fulfill other needs at the plant.
Organizations in this story
Ural Business Consulting Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants