Sverdlovsk medicine prices rise
The price of drugs in general climbed by 7.9 percent, with life-saving medications jumping in price by 4.3 percent at local pharmacies.
Arkadiy Belyavsky, the health minister of the Sverdlovsk region, said the biggest jump in prices was seen in the least expensive medicines.
“For example, the price of the widely popular antibacterial drug ceftriaxone rose from (29 cents) to (35 cents)," Belyavsky said. "The maximum retail price for the medicine was set at (62 cents) and it hasn’t been reached yet. We have seen no unreasonable price increases so far.”
Pharmacists have reported an increased need for flu remedies, yet customers are not happy about the increase in prices. Also, drug suppliers are demanding quicker payments.
All of these are indications of Russia's current economic crises.
Organizations in this story
Ural Business Consulting Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants